Wonder and Joy
Memory and Concentration
Ear and Agility
Self-confidence and Pride
Discipline and Appeasement
Sharing and Passion
There are many benefits that arise from learning piano…
Your child will discover them all!
Our goal: ignite the piano passion in every child, while having fun!
- A clear (but flexible) framework. Each lesson is organized in three parts: technical exercises, a first classical / technical piece and then a second more modern / fun piece.
- Focus from the start on learning the fundamentals: posture, hand coordination, finger dexterity, fingering, fluidity and musicality.
- Songs are chosen with the child and changed regularly, to stay motivated throughout the year.
- Do-Re-Mi or C-D-E pitch system (depending on student’s nationality and preferences)
- For beginners: many four-hand pieces with the teacher are available.
- Practical application of theoretical concepts learned during music theory in parallel (keys, pitches, rhythms …).
- Every child progresses at his/her own pace: encouragements and congratulations, yes! Pressure, no!
- Possibility to play in front of a large audience twice a year, during FHK Music student recitals.
- At the end of each class, work for next week is clearly written in a notebook so that nothing is forgotten.
- Piano books can be purchased either by the parents in the store, or by the teacher. In this case, they will be re-invoiced to the student at the purchase price.
- Classes at the student’s home, in French, English, Mandarin or Cantonese
- For French-speaking pianists between 7 and 14 year-old, participation to weekly music theory group classes in Stanley or TKO (French music schools’ method)
- Minimum age: 4 year old for piano, 7 year old for music theory.
- Piano lesson prices: 360 HKD / 30 min, 490 HKD / 45 min, 630 HKD / 60 min