1. Activities are booked per semester.
2. The first lesson is charged and considered a trial session. After this time, registration is automatically validated until the end of the semester, unless the student requests a written cancellation. If the student decides to cancel his/her registration after this first lesson, he/she will not be charged for the following lessons.
3. Once the registration has been validated, the student is hired for the entire duration of the semester, unless there are exceptional circumstances such as a departure from Hong Kong or a long-term illness.
4. A precise schedule is communicated for each activity for the entire duration of the semester.
5. In the event of force majeure preventing a teacher from holding an activity, FHK Music undertakes to seek a replacement of equivalent quality. If no replacement is found, the activity will be canceled and fees refunded.
6. No activities will be scheduled during FIS school holidays or public holidays, but individual or semi-private activities can be organized if the teacher is available and if the student (and his parents, if he is a minor) wish it.
7. Group activities (choir, music theory, musical awakening, etc.): each student has one joker per semester, but 24 hours’ notice is required to benefit from this option. If the student uses his/her joker, he will receive a credit on the next invoice or a refund if a credit is not possible.
8. Individual activities (instrument, song, etc.) or semi-private (maximum 4 participants): no joker will be granted. If the student is ill, a single make-up class per semester may possibly be organized if the teacher is available, at his / her own discretion. Otherwise, the activity remains due.
9. Make-up classes must be taken during the current semester and cannot be postponed.
10. Missed group activities cannot be rescheduled and remain due, except in cases of force majeure or use of the joker.
11. The organization of activities is directly managed by the administration of FHK Music, with the exception of make-up classes which can be organized directly between the student and his/her teacher.
12. Billing for activities is handled exclusively by FHK Music. Financial matters can only be discussed with the administration of FHK Music.
13. The first invoice will be sent to the student (or to his parents, in the case of a minor student) no later than the week following his first trial session, after validation of his registration. Payments must be made by HSBC or FPS bank transfer.
14. Once the first trial session has been paid for, each half-semester will be invoiced in advance (invoice sent 8 days before the start of the period, to be paid within 10 days).
15. Teachers traveling to their students’ homes will not ask for any contribution to the additional costs if the student lives in the neighborhoods served by FHK Music (Stanley, Repulse Bay, TKO, CWB). On the other hand, if the teacher does not live in these districts, it is possible that FHK Music administration asks the student (or his parents if he is a minor) to participate in the transport costs to go to the student’s home.
16. In the event of non-payment of an invoice before its due date, the activities concerned cannot be delivered and the reserved time slot may be allocated to another student.
17. Music books can be purchased by FHK music teachers and then re-invoiced to the student (or to his parents if he is a minor). The price of the books will be the same as the one figuring on the bookstore label and will be invoiced at the same time as the activities.
18. For greater simplicity, in the absence of a written notice sent to the administration of FHK Music, a registration made for the first semester is automatically renewed for the second semester, for the same activities and at the same times.
19. FHK Music School expects its students to behave respectfully towards other students, teachers and the music school environment. Any inappropriate behavior may result in immediate exclusion from the music school.
20. FHK Music School reserves the right to modify all or part of these general conditions if necessary.