1. Activities are booked per semester.
2. After a first trial session (invoiced), regardless of the activity chosen, the student can change his/her mind and choose to cancel his/her registration at no additional cost. Once this first session has been completed, without a written request for cancellation from the student (or his/her parents/legal gardians in the case of a minor student), registration is automatically validated until the end of the semester.
3. Once registration has been validated (cf. 2.), the student is engaged until the end of the semester, except in cases of force majeure (departure from Hong Kong, long-term illness, etc.).
4. When a student registers for a group activity, a precise schedule for this activity is communicated for the duration of the semester. The schedule of group activities may change in the event that sanitary conditions suddenly impact school schedules during the semester, preventing a majority of students from participating in FHK Music activities at the initially scheduled times. In this situation, the team of teachers at FHK Music will then do their best to meet most of the student’s time constraints. However, if the new schedules do not suit the student, he/she will have the possibility to unsubscribe at no additional cost after sending a simple written request by email to the FHK Music team (or his/her parents / legal guardians in the case of a minor student) and the remaining sessions will not be due.
5. When a student registers for an individual activity, a precise schedule for this activity will be set for him/her and the teacher, for the duration of the semester. The schedule of individual activities may change occasionally, in the event of constraint on the part of the student or the teacher, and only if both parties agree.
6. In the event that a teacher suffers a case of force majeure (departure from Hong Kong, long-term illness, etc.) preventing him/her from maintaining an individual or collective activity for which he/she is responsible, the FHK Music team commits to do their best to find a replacement of equivalent quality and thus continue operations. However, if despite its best efforts no replacement is found, the FHK Music team reserves the right to cancel the activity. The pupil will then be able to unsubscribe at no additional cost after a simple written request from him/her (or his/her parents / legal guardians if he/she is a minor) and the remaining sessions will not be due.
7. No group activity will be planned during the LFI school holidays. Individual activities can be planned during these periods only if the teacher is available and if the student (or his/her parents / legal guardians if he/she is a minor) so wish.
8. There are no planned activities on public holidays.
9. If the student misses an individual activity during the semester, he can ask to schedule a make-up lesson at any time during the same semester according to the availability of his/her teacher. However, 24 hours notice must be given, otherwise the missed individual lesson is forfeited and remains due.
10. It is not possible to reschedule a missed group activity, which remains due in the event of absence, except in cases of force majeure.
11. An unused make-up lesson cannot be postponed beyond the current semester, and remains due in this case.
12. The organization of activities is done directly by the administration of FHK Music, with the exception of make-up lessons which can be organized directly between the student and his teacher.
13. The invoicing of activities is managed exclusively by FHK Music. Financial matters can only be discussed with the administration of FHK Music and not with the teachers.
14. The first invoice will be sent to the student (or his/her parents / legal guardians if he/she is a minor) the week following his/her first trial session at the latest, after validation of his/her registration. Payments must be made by HSBC or FPS bank transfer.
15. A (unique) joker per semester is allowed for each student: feeling tired? an unmissable play date? a family activity? Each student can miss one lesson per semester if he/she wishes it (subject to being informed), and the missed lesson will be credited for the following period.
16. Individual piano, violin and voice teachers will NOT charge additional cost if the student lives in Stanley, Repulse bay, TKO or CWB. On the other hand, if the student does not live in these neighborhoods, it is possible that the teachers ask the student (or his/her parents / legal guardians if he/she is a minor) to contribute to their transport costs to get to his/her home.
17. In the event of non-payment of an invoice before its due date, the activities concerned cannot be delivered and the reserved slot may be allocated to another student.
18. To ensure the correct choice of methods and scores, music books can be purchased by FHK music teachers and then re-invoiced to the student (or his/her parents / legal guardians if he/she is a minor). The price of the books will be the same as the price on the bookstore label and will be billed at the same time as the lessons.
19. FHK Music School reserves the right to modify all or part of these general conditions if necessary.